The day is done. I woke up early this morning to drive down to Truckee and then up to the summit for the auburn ski club sprints. I usually really like this race because it's fun and short and sunny, but today was not that fun. Today was a super stormy race, probably the stormiest I've ever raced in. I ended up racing on my zeros because I didn't want to bother testing wax, which isn't really a very professional thing to do, but whatever; I'm semi-pro. They were slow, but it was more my fault for not training well enough this summer, and not making the effort to race wax my skis. I ended up 13th and getting beat by many of the young juniors.
I'm wondering whether I want to make the journey up there again tomorrow if it's going to be snowing like it was today. I know I'll do better in a 10k race, but it's gotta be fun too.
I think the rest of the day I'll try to do some reading, writing and laundry.
-Gus
No comments:
Post a Comment