Tuesday, November 6, 2007

convalescence

I still have a few sniffles, but I think I am beginning to kick this cold to the curb (how's that for alliteration? or is it consonance? maybe it's both. God I am such an english nerd. But, that doesn't mean I have proper grammar. I am sure that this post is riddled with mistakes.). Anyways, today I did some classic distance rollerskiing with some speed thrown in intermittently. I started out pretty easy because I felt that I should be wary of going to hard right after an illness. It was pretty miserable. I kept thinking to myself, "is this good for me? shouldn't I be resting for one more day?". But as I started doing the speed drills, I found that I was having way too much fun to worry about relapse. Something about going fast makes everything worthwhile. It was like waking up in the morning with the warmth of the sun on your shoulders, stretching and yawning but not being tired, and knowing that the rest of the day is going to be a good one. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. For me, this light is that I am getting better and the first race of the season is coming up soon.

I can't wait for West! (How about that alliteration, huh?)

No comments: