Sunday, December 16, 2007

15k skate

Not my best day. you can blame it on fatigue, or a whole host of other reasons, but I wasn't at my best today. I was skiing pretty well for the first lap. leading a pack of about twenty people, and skiing around the high 30s low 40s in terms of place. on the second lap I completely fell apart. I wasn't even that tired aerobically. I just kept thinking about how far I still had to go, and wondered whether my legs could make it with how bad they hurt. I got passed by the entire pack that I was leading by the third lap, and kept right where I was. I probably lost a minute on the second lap and then just stayed in that position for the rest of the race. I ended up 59th, which is not where I was hoping to be considering yesterday I was 48th, but it's all part of the process.

No comments: