Saturday, December 15, 2007
SoHo supertour sprint classic
I had a pretty good day today. I qualified for the junior heats, but just barely. I've never really been in the heats of a classic sprint race. it was a really fun experience. I was a little disappointed about my placing though. in the first heat I was racing in third place all the way past the hill under the bridge. I thought I was golden until i almost fell on the downhill. I had to get out of the track and that killed my speed. I kind of gave up after that and placed at the bottom of the heat. in the B-finals, I started out in a really fast double pole. when the number of tracks narrowed down to three the guy next to me wouldn't let me in. I don't blame him, he got there first. so, i just punched it on the double pole and sprinted ahead of him and took the lane. I was leading the heat by about two ski lengths until the hill under the bridge. I slipped a couple times and got passed by three people. It wasn't great, but I felt good that I am able to ski with these guys. I was just a little unlucky today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment