Sunday, December 30, 2007

1st Houghton update

We arrived safely (and almost as importantly) with all of our stuff in Houghton early this afternoon. There was some concern that we wouldn't all make it here because they were cutting people from the flight (something about being limited on weight). Luckily we didn't get cut. The next concern was that they would be able to fit everybody's gear into the cargo area. It was a small plane and it took them quite a long time to get the skibags on there. The flight went well though. pretty uneventful. I read through the latest issues of Masterskier.

It's not as cold here as I had expected. I think that it has potential to be really cold though. it is supposed to snow everyday we are here, although never anything substantial. Something like 1-2 inches each day. Wilson, Bill, and I took an easy skate ski around the 5k today. I love the course. It is a lot more rolling than anything I have ever skied before. lots of transitions and fun curves. Snow coverage is pretty good too. After our ski, we stopped by the Subway for dinner. It was buy 2 get 1 free, so there is a good possibility that we'll be eating subway for dinner every night. at least that is what I am hoping for.

We've got internet in our hotel room. Either Bill, Wilson, or I will try to keep you informed.
-Gus

No comments: